Thanks to everyone who came out to the opening of the Bungalow Ranger Station Cabin during the 75th Anniversary Smokejumper Reunion.

Our bungalow ranger station cabin, which is now located on the future site of the National Museum of Forest Service History.

Our bungalow ranger station cabin, which is now located on the future site of the National Museum of Forest Service History.

From 1913 until 1971, the Bungalow Ranger Station Cabin was located on the North Fork of the Clearwater River in Idaho’s Clearwater National Forest, where it was home to forest rangers and their families.

The 500-plus piece log building was moved 240-miles and reconstructed piece-by-piece by 14 volunteers over two years. Today the ranger station stands on the future site of a planned $14.5 million dollar museum facility.